Sunday, February 1, 2009

Warm temps and Paint!


Today I am doing something long overdue. I am painting the wall(s) in my living room. Not that the color is changing much. Still pastel green. But my couch which I have been diligently paying for on layaway is in and ready to come home. So I figure one wall a day I can manage. Then I need to shampoo carpets around the grandparents who seem to be part of the furniture and hopefully at the end of the week we can get it in. I can't wait.
The couch we are replacing is a family heirloom. It is a Flexsteel which tells you how long they last. I think it is from the 50's. It has been recovered several times-I did 3 or 4-and we've replaced the cushions during our proprietorship twice. But all good things must come to an end and I am happy to see it go. My husband on the other hand will shed tears as it goes out the door. Possible Rakieta too. Although she, having a better sence of style than Matt, should be excited about the new one.
In other cheery news it is 45* as we speak. Yahoo! It is amazing what warm temps will do for the soul.
This morning, we called a halt to all other activities-like say church-because we had to stand in line outside Best Buy to then stand in line inside Best Buy to get our great deal on a new laptop. $400 got us a 3 gig Compaq with a mouse and flash drive. Needless to say there were quite a few people in line. So advice to you all: If you see a great deal at Best Buy, plan to be there when the store opens on Sunday (opening day of sale) and plan to wait in line.
Well, off to finish dinner. Tomorrow I will post more African pics.

No comments: