Friday, February 6, 2009

New Couch





Today Grandpa got me out of bed too early. But I didn't mind. Know why? Because today was "Pick up Couch" day. That's right, that very old decrepit Flexsteel was leaving our home today to be replaced with a beautiful huge Ashley couch. So since it was so early, I ran to do the banking, then once home I sent Matt off to pick it up. Meanwhile the girls and I sent Gram and Grandpa off to their bedroom to watch tv while we dismantled the living room.
By 12 noon we were completely done. Things went really, really well. Whew!!! I'll post a picture tomorrow along with my dining table since I never showed off that.
So I did my civic duty in this terrible economy. I have bought 2 big pieces of furniture. Next I am getting chairs. Now mind you, I am buying everything on layaway, but still we are making major purchases. It feels good to be normal in spite of all the doom and gloom and it feels good to know it is ours-paid for in cash.
I do need to replace the other couch, but not too soon because Grandpa spills his coffee regularly. I am thinking about getting another one just like my new Ashley. The living room is very big and it would look very nice................

No comments: