Saturday, February 14, 2009

Thursday pt 3

See me? I feel like I look. Enough said. The big jugs are for water for the kids.
Rakieta, being the good daughter and knowing how interested in farming I am, took pictures of some of the neighborhood goats while I was napping. Most of the livestock there is like this. Roaming free. I said "How do you know whose animal is whose?" Rakieta said in a shocked tone "Mom, everybody knows their animals!"


Yes, what you think is going on in this picture is going on in this picture. This is a potty break. I bet you can see why I was praying I would not need a toilet. Remember what kind of shape I was in.



Now where did I leave off....
Oh yeah. We were in the bus heading back to Ouagadougou. Just as I was getting comfortable, we pulled into a little settlement. I wouldn't call it a village in the text that Americans are used to, but nevertheless it was a settlement of some sort with nothing but dessert/fields around it.
Out of the bus we all went. We walked into a courtyard and set up another picnic. We finished our lunch and the children and teachers all had theirs. Then it was play time. Shortly the group became just a little too unruly so then it became nap time. As you can see from the picture I used it as nap time too.
Eventually we all got back into the bus and headed back to the city. As you can imagine, the kids were hot and restless so finally one of the teachers began to sing with the kids. Whatever it was they loved it. I think it may have been a french version of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" or "100 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed".
Shortly we arrived at our destination, met up with the driver and returned home. At this point most Americans would climb on the couch and veg, but that was not to be in Burkina.

No comments: