Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thursday Conclusion

Paul and I at the restaurant. Note the Fanta orange. I will post on the Coka Cola bottling factory later.
Rakieta and Marie. Rakieta's top is an example of the fitted tops the women wear.

We arrived home and relaxed a little. Kassoum headed back home, Rakieta worked on her knitting which was due in for a grade. We waited for Marie to come home. I was told she wanted to make me chicken.
I was pretty pooped and I think probably into meltdown mode, but since I am a mother and not a child I did not have a temper tantrum and take a nap.
Eventually Paul and Marie arrived home and they had a wonderful surprise for me. They told me they wanted to take me to a restaurant.
I wasn't in much of a position to argue. It was a huge deal for Rakieta. In the US she ate out with us so she had been to a restaurant before. However in Burkina it is just a huge luxury.
So off we go in an air conditioned car even. Paul works for the government and it is supplied to him.
It looked like a little sidewalk cafe. It was owned by Lebanese. I was never so happy to eat a hamburger in my life. I had a burger and fries and it was delicious.
The cost. Each meal was about $2.00 so very reasonable for westerners.
Keep in mind though that it is very out of reach for the average Burkinabe.
After that we headed back to Grandma's house. I was oh so happy to see my bed.

No comments: