Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sigh..............

This is me. Actually this is all of us these days. Grandma is wearing us out. She is in a lot of pain so takes a lot of meds and sleeps most of the time, but it is the small amounts of time she doesn't sleep that become the problem. She is not accepting the end of her life STILL. She is not really doing much in the way of mental and spiritual preparation so the rest of the journey is going to be difficult, stressful and probably pretty unpleasant. I keep shaking my head in perplexity. The problem seems to have something to do with her not accepting separation from her husband. She must have some screwy, romantic idea about soul mates passing together. (No, she did not see "The Notebook" and my kids assure me this situation has nothing in common with that one. I am taking a rain check on watching it as I don't need that kind of emotionally charged activity in my life on top of everything else right this minute.)
That would be fine I guess, but he is making it clear that they are 2 separate people who have two separate paths. (Yes, even in his very deteriorating state he gets his point across. He is such a hoot.)
She is not happy about this and is being quite stubborn. Unfortunately the rest of us are the ones who are being punished.
The way she landed back in her shoes with such a thud gave me the impression that she had unfinished business. Unfortunately she does not seem to be making any progress there. Thankfully her body is shutting down in spite of her best efforts to "shove this under the rug" so she will have to move on. I just wish she would actually do her homework so it would be a little less difficult and violent for the rest of us.
Sigh.....................

No comments: