Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Late Sunmmer Nights!

Well Grandma is still hanging in there. We almost lost her last week, but those on the other side sent her back. She was quite indignant about it too. She is a little less CRANKY and a bit more polite so I do think she is doing her home work BUT she is on a hefty dose of Haliperidol 2x daily as she became uncontrollable during her discussions with the relatives and such and between trying to walk when she can no longer walk, slapping me twice and being just vicious with Lee, it was decided for everyone's sanity, that she would have to have her end of life experiences a little less vividly. Anyhoo, as of tonight her body is heating up again so I think we are beginning another fun ride. Oh boy!
So, all this excitement and lack of any disposable time has reminded me to be grateful for the little things. We have a care aid who we have coming in most days in addition to the barage of Hospice folks just so we can have SOME normalcy. So I was finally able to cut all my grass yesterday. That is one of the little things I am talking about. Today I was able to skim the pool guilt free and uninterupted. This evening my rotten little ponies decided to take a trot through the yard after they broke out while I was bringing them in a wagon load full of fresh grass. While I wanted to kill them, I was grateful for the opportunity to just enjoy the experience. It felt a little bit like normal around our house. Besides it was quite entertaining to the folks inside to see these black georgous creatures flying past the windows.
I now have to put my chickens to bed before dark because my prowler is back. He is too big to catch in my big cage so it is either a wily old coon or a fox. The tail didn't look like fox, but I am not ruling it out. It looked like a cat that was at least knee high and it isn't a too fat house cat as I would have caught that by now. No this is a crafty villian to be sure. We need one of MonsterQuest's crittercams.
Well, exaustion is setting in so I will close for now. Till next time.

No comments: