Friday, October 30, 2009

Rainy Friday Morning

This morning is soggy. I think Jeni forgot to put Copper, the horse, in so it is good that it is not too cold out. It may not be pleasant to be wet, but she should survive just fine.
Grandma was up very early this morning and wanted to use the bathroom. So after taking care of business and putting her back to bed I sent the midnight shift back to bed. (Matt and Merry)
I woke up comfortably and peacefully in the lazyboy watching TV. It was nice.
Slowly during these past few days I am starting to adjust to the fact that very soon I will no longer have all the pressure and responsibility I have carried for the last year and a half. At first I was just looking forward to the relief. I still am, but I am also beginning to really feel and understand how different it will be.
Will I be lost? No. We already miss Lee and his trolling and patrolling around here, but Adele is a little different. The disease has really taken it's toll on her and the good days with her were many years ago.
When someone dies in decline and late in life, you have plenty of time to work through things and make peace with their death.
They were both very loved and will be missed, but passing on sets them free.
No, I will not be lost.

No comments: