Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thawing Out Finally!

Well, it hovered at 32* almost all night. This week will be in the high 30's-40's. So our deep freeze is over. Thank God. It was getting to a point where everyone was ready to lose it.
Unfortunately I either got a bug...or...I didn't win the war on the Burkina Faso bacteria that I thought I did.
Even during cold weather, the temps in Burkina are like a Midwest summer which is hot a lot of the time. Hot enough to have bacterias just breeding up a storm. Even my very descriptive stories couldn't get most Americans to understand what I mean by Burkina being a bacteria breeding ground. Their culture is very communal and they do not understand sanitation so basic things that even the most lazy westerners take for granted are not a part of their mindset yet.
Anyway, I was doing ok after getting back but then the deep freeze of this week combined with me having a little too wet of hair even though I was in hats (Yes, that is correct. plural) just sent me over into "feeling like crap" mode again.
I am still not sure if it is a virus or the bacteria mess but at this point I just don't dare to chance it anymore. So I am loading up on the full arsenal of herbs and I finally broke out the antibiotic.
I am feeling better but not so remarkably so that I wouldn't rule out one of the plethora of flu bugs torturing the thumb of Michigan this season.
Either way, I am just grateful that we will be solidly back on the brown earth matter in a few days. Snow was meant to fall and melt a few days later. Not stay on for the season and continue to accumulate. One of the reasons I left northern Michigan was I do not enjoy lots of snow.
So enjoy your mild weather everyone! Now let's hope we aren't breaking out the canoes in a few days.

No comments: