Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Babble

I am sitting at my dining room table with a bit of writer's block. I have a lot in my head but some of it is hard to articulate, some is stuff that should not be on public display and some is still unorganized clutter. I am sure all of you can relate to that.

I put up new curtains in the living room and dining room this weekend and they are snowy white. Due to our Sunday to Monday storm the ground is also snowy white. there is a lot of white to look at. Grandma K. used to yell for me to fix the white spots. That resulted in me placing a pillow over the window. I never did quite understand what her complaint was, but the pillow always settled her down. While I don't miss her unpleasant demandingness, I can laugh about that stuff now. I would say we have all healed from the ordeal pretty well. As soon as I finish up with the income taxes, their paper work and consequently their business affairs will be pretty much completed. That is an accomplishment I am happy to be done with. It was hard, definitely not in my natural element, but very worth the education. I have a saying "You can't unride A bike" and I have to say that most definitely applies in this case. I am very much looking forward to just coasting along in 2011. No big new projects for this lady this year.

All is going well for everyone here. Pretty status quo for everyone and that is a good thing. Our lives have been very blessed and it is nice to see everything come full circle.
It's funny how events or situations that seemed so complicated and painful 10 or 15 years ago have resolved themselves through tenacity, hard work and commitment and it is very nice to know the biggest worries are so tiny compared to what they once were.

For example, the boxes I diligently send to Burkina have lightened the load on the families to a point where Rakieta is actually thinking in terms of special or particular accessories for her graduation. Before it was send anything just to keep them going. Now they are more knowledgeable and quite frankly healthier physically and emotionally. They are a long way from western living, but things are a LOT easier than they once were.

That seems to describe many aspects of our life. It is a good feeling.

Have a good day all.

No comments: