Saturday, October 30, 2010

Writer's Block

There is a lot going on on Brown City Rd as always. BUT I seem to have a huge writer's block. Some of it is that I have been in this "Can't find the forest for the trees" place for many months. Some of it is that I was legitimately overwhelmed. However, slowly but surely I am finding my way. I am figuring out who I am now that I am a mother of adult children and not a caretaker of two very active geriatric folks. So I have had more contemplative time at my disposal. Considering I haven't had that luxury in 25 years, it was a bit of an adjustment.
This adjustment has been pretty stressful, especially with Matt going through his own hell, but with each thing on the to do list checked off I am feeling a bit lighter and I think he is too.

AND.....God has a way of not letting a person get too complacent. So just as my parenting of my birth kids has ended (I am still Mom and moms always "mom" though) and care taking the first set of old folks has ended, others who need love and guidance have entered the picture or are getting more attention (Africa) and the next set of old folks are beginning to need extra care. The good thing is this time there are other siblings to help carry the load.

So, I continue to sort, mail, talk by e-mail and phone and live life and slowly but surely I have found my path and the way out of the forest.

Next, I hope to find my witty writing style that was so entertaining for us all in earlier blog posts. I am assuming it is hanging on a tree branch some patiently waiting for me to grab it as I walk by.

No comments: