Thursday, October 28, 2010

Update This Week

Well, I am still stranded, but busy as ever. In a way, this little road block was actually good. I am able to focus completely on Burkina now except for the usual stuff so when I finally get there it will be a well planned and very enjoyable visit.
My only phobia is flying over the Atlantic in early January.
So here is my update:
1. Kassoum, Rakieta's brother, is trying to figure out where to go with his future. Hard work trying to figure things out across the ocean, language barrier and cultural differences, but we will persevere.
2. Tutoring is finally settling down to a dull roar. I will be so glad when we get new folks in Lansing next week and people start doing logical things in every way, but this educational mess needs help ASAP.
3. G & G J seem to be settling in to their winter home with my sister in Fla just fine.
4. Finally getting a handle on the stuff for Africa, some of which has taken over the upstairs hall and made it an unruly mess.
5. Patterns getting sorted, costumes getting sorted, educational stuff getting sorted. I am just a sorting fool at the moment.
6.Been a great dance year so far. Lots of old and dear relationships back in our lives.
7.Clinic in Ouagadougou is finally getting all the donated prosthetic supplies donated to me. It cost an arm and a leg to mail, but they are ecstatic and it has made life very good for Rakieta. They really treat her well.
Now back over to Flint to beg for more.
8. I Love it that my horses have the system down to a fine science. No chasing, arguing, etc. Everyone just does their routine like a well written ballet.
That is about it for today.
Have a great one everyone!

No comments: