Tuesday, October 19, 2010

French Demonstrations and Rioting!

Ok, so I am grounded. The French are in a heated dispute over changing their social security benefits from age 60 to 62. It has gone from heated debate to demonstrations, rioting, cutting off of services and some violence. Airlines are down.
All that means I sit here in the good ol' US of A because if I am going to be stranded , I would much rather be here than Paris at the airport.
So.....if I don't get out of here soon, I have to wait until early January because that is when the show is over and our family has quiet time once again.
The upside is that my panic over not being ready is dissipating. I am getting much needed time to get very prepared at this point.
This is one of those "you can't unride a bike" situations. It is excrutiatingly difficult to deal with, but once it is done, the knowlege gained makes upcoming problems very small.

No comments: