Thursday, October 14, 2010

Life

I love my life!
It is hectic!
It is busy, so busy I can't even think some days. But it is always interesting and full of love and happiness.
Life is not about how rich you are (although in America, having enough money to be comfortable is a good thing), it is not about how much stuff you accumulate, it is all about relationships and loving, happy experiences.
My tutored kids have had a great week. Little by little we are conquering the overwhelming homework monsters. The schools around here are handing out an astronomical, overwhelming amount of homework and it is mostly causing chaos, ulcers and very confused kids. You can't push concepts at kids that are not developmentally ready for it in the hopes that more information sooner will make smarter kids. No, all Granholm's edicts are doing is creating very stressed, confused kids who are getting glassy eyed and not caring about the process. This is one of those things that in theory sounded good, but in practice, especially in the smaller schools, it is a huge public school mess.......Again.
Just Dance rocks! The kids are awesome as always and our families, new and old are excellent and make me love what I do. I am looking forward to the Christmas show.
As always I love living in the thumb of Michigan! I love being rural and love the values and personalities I deal with every day. People here may not be the fanciest, sophisticated, or wealthy but they sure have good hearts.
Little by little I am getting myself ready for my big trip. I feel like I am not seeing the progress I want, but each morning feels a little more right. Last time I went the week after the show and that was just too much. I have so much thinking to do once there I need to be in great shape mentally and physically (Good health is important, but I am thinking more about resources for this situation.) Temps are still in the 90's there most days and NO AIR CONDITIONING in most places.
Kassoum is going to get Rakieta's family 4 plastic chairs so when I get there there will be more chairs. That will help a lot.
Well, the morning is flying by and I need to get moving. Have a good day all.

No comments: