Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Plague

Well the Plague is alive and well.
Wednesday Grandpa was fine. In the middle of the night, he was not. By the next morning it was apparent from the smell coming out of the bedroom all was not ok. It was a terrible smell. When grandpa finally got up, he didn't finish his breakfast, kept falling asleep at the table and in general had me worried. Next I went to investigate the smell. OMG! There were clothes everywhere. Mess everywhere. I began to clean. Could not get the smell out no matter how much scrubbing, etc.
Lunch time. Grandpa is vomiting. Matt is staying home so I can take Grandma to the doctor. We had the companion there to clean up messes. Matt finally got him into our shower, something we had not been able to accomplish up until now. We were paying an adult foster care for the use of theirs weekly. Anyway, I guess he was in Grandma's undies.
A lot of work for everybody.
Friday, Grandpa is on the mend. Still messy but getting better quickly.
Friday night. Jeni is on the couch. She threw up at the beauty shop. Matt calls. He is running to the bathroom with diarrhea. I head off to bed. I can't sleep for all the stomach pain.
Saturday am. It looked like the day after a massacre around here. Jeni is still on the couch. Hasn't moved since yesterday. Matt is on the floor in a sleeping bag. Guess it was the only way he could get any peace. I literally crawled down the stairs. Grandma is getting up, complaining of being dizzy and as soon as she sat down we needed to grab a bucket for her. False alarm. You get the point.
Merry had to cancel the dance rehearsal and the snack bar.
I finally was able to lift my head and make sense of the world at about 7:00pm Matt never did come to. Ditto for Jeni. Grandma didn't eat all day. Grandpa, thankfully was still low key.
Today things are a little more sane around here. Except for Grandpa. He doesn't remember a thing. Swears he was riding around with friends the last couple days. Was never sick and he is just full of it today. I'd like to knock him back out.
Thank God for Merry. She held down the fort for us.

No comments: