Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Time for More Pics

Our lunch. We had french bread-a staple there, rice stuff (it's a ricy soup, usually with a tomato base) and fish. Note the incredibly simple furnishings. Chairs are a luxury and anything with a cushion is a very huge luxury.
Rakieta's father's house. As you can see throughout my blog, all Burkinabe houses are fortresses of sorts. The car does not belong to Rakieta's father. That is what we drove to see them in.
An auntie holding the twins while we were getting things ready.
We stopped to pick up Rasmata and the twins. Rakieta is resting and holding my purse.

OK, the Burkinabe's are getting restless and things have settled down enough here that I am posting a bunch of pictures today. This is a day trip Rakieta and I took out to the outskirts of Tompouey where Rakieta's family lives. I'll post a few pics daily until they are all up so please do check back.

No comments: