Monday, May 18, 2009

Grandpa

Grandpa worked on puzzles for hours yesterday. It has become his passion. I dug out the children's jigsaw puzzles we had saved and have been slowly building up the collection via Amazon. Target and Rite Aid have a very good selection of the 25-60 piece sized ones too.
Last night as I gave him his pills, he grabbed my hand and told me he loved me. That is pretty normal, but he told me he loved me as his doctor because her could count on me. I said "I like being your doctor. You make me smile." He asked why. I said because he was always so happy. He said. "I am happy because of you." Pretty neat from a crabby old geezer whom I was positive I could never care for precisely because his attitude was so rotten-especially to women.
While I never planned to care for either of them the way I do. It has turned out to be a good thing. Especially for Matt.

No comments: