Saturday, March 12, 2011

It has been a busy week. It doesn't help any that we had freezing rain/sleet all week. It makes all chores that much harder to get done. My baby chicks are doing very well. The chickens are now laying up a storm. I found a new drake for Mrs. Duck so all is pretty well in the barnyard.
I will be spending the day getting my textbooks in order once again.
I already tutor 3 days per week. It is time to make Rakieta work harder on academics once again and I have another girl who was once a host child of ours who was adopted by someone else whose educational experience in America has been less than successful. So what I thought was part of my past I am finding is very much part of my present. That is ok, because I really love teaching.
In other educational news, Michigan is beginning massive educational reform and I am very glad. I will be watching closely to make sure that the cure isn't worse than the problem. What the public schools are doing with Granholm's standards, at least in the rural schools is atrocious and will ruin a generation of kids if it is not cleaned up ASAP!
Family news is all good. we are just all really sick of winter, but other wise, both birth and adopted family is all doing very well.

No comments: