Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hello Harouna!

This is Rakieta, Harouna and me. I have a neat story about Harouna. I was looking for someone to tutor Rakieta. The phone number someone passed to me happened to be Harouna's family's phone number. He did not know English to tutor, but he gave me the best phone number he could find for an English speaking tutor. (It was accurate by the way. Not bad for 2 people who couldn't communicate.)
Anyway, Rakieta called him to say thank you for me and it turns out he knew Rakieta's mother. That has led to a good friendship between them. So Harouna was my friend first, but now he is Rakieta's friend too. It is funny how God leads people to one another. It seems like everything about our situation with Africa is a series of coincidences. I say the guardian angels are working over time. When I bumped into my friend from the US accidentally and then she turned out to be living across the street from Delilah and Stephanie that was definitely pretty twilight zone.

I wanted to post this picture today because Harouna wrote to me to tell me hello this week and I was slow in replying. I found out he has been sick with malaria. So I wanted to cheer him with our picture.

No comments: