Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spring is Here!

Today was beautiful! As in 36*, sunny and the most wonderful spring breezes. I am so inspired for warmer weather. I collected my first batch of eggs for incubating. I am officially in the "do not wash eggs" camp. Since my unwashed babies have been very healthy and no casualties and my washed egg babies all were pretty sickly.
Today the news announced that the unemployed in the state of Michigan may lose any and all benefits beginning in March. That is not good. There are at least 100,000 people in the state of Michigan who will be SOL if this happens AND it will set an already precarious situation into a free fall I am afraid. I am not an advocate of the government taking care of everyone, but this would definitely send the state over a cliff. I do hope this is worked out and I really hope jobs begin to surface once again sooner rather than later.
I love our dance moms. Tonight is an unusually animated conversation in the kitchen about everything from geo thermal heating to TMJ. I always feel like the worlds' problems are a little more manageable after dance nights.

No comments: