Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Box For Rakieta's Mom

I am pretty excited about this box. Rakieta's mom is a sister to me. First of all, she has lent us her daughter. I can never thank her enough for that. 2nd of all, she has spunk and character. All of her children have been to school. She has sacrificed a lot for this, but all have attended school. Rakieta was the one exception because of her handicap, but education and broadening horizons is very important to her. Rakieta's life has taken a dramatic turn because very few of her people have left the region, let alone been to America. So it is with great care that I pack her box. Of course there are the normal goodies like shampoo, toothpaste, etc but I also have spoons, wall hangers, pillows and other things moms care about. She is going to be ecstatic. When I go this time, I am making sure she gets a plastic chair or 2 and probably some chickens. If we get started on a hut for Rakieta, she will live there.
It is her spunk that has made for such thunder and lightening between she and her husband, but when I look at the 2nd wife's children with the blank, hungry stares and know how grim their future is, I have very deep respect and admiration for this woman.

No comments: