Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Catch Up

Here I am at 7:00pm on a Friday doing paperwork and bills. It has been a very long time since I was in the routine I have been in for most of my marriage, which is to run errands and get bills paid on Fridays. In the last 10 years I have gradually gone from paying my bills in person or by mail to online payments. That meant a gradual change over to spending usually Friday evenings online keeping things caught up and done. However off and on since last fall when the grandparents got so bad I have had to skip this ritual and try to catch up here and there during the week.
Today I am proud to report that the sitting/den room is tidy, the gentle breeze is cool and humidity free, NCIS is on the tube and I am actually in command of the papers. It feels very good. I was able to get several important errands run which make our electronic/technological life easier and I didn't have to grab carry out for dinner. Life is good!
Now just to get the packages for Africa ready and in the mail! Then I would say life is completely back to normal for us. The recovery from our very difficult journey is almost complete.

No comments: