Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My 2 Sons

Kassoum in his compound yard.
Kyle driving the float in one of the parades.
I have not been blessed with sons. Our home is totally estrogen driven. Poor Matt. However, he is a good dad for girls.
Anyway, I do have 2 adopted sons. One is American and the other is African. My African son is Kassoum, Rakieta's brother. He, too, is a minority in his very estrogen driven family. He doesn't speak English, BUT he has a dry sense of humor that just cracks me up as Rakieta translates. I have very deep respect for him because of all the running he does for the family, especially his baby sister Rakieta. This year we are sponsoring his education so hopefully he will get his baccalaureate. (high school diploma)
My second adopted son is Kyle, Jeni's sweetie. He is a fellow Capricorn so we tend to think alike in some areas which is cool, especially since he is our handyman this summer. Kyle is entering his 2nd year at Mott and plans to transfer to Kettering for engineering.

No comments: