Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Captain's Log Stardate June 2, 2009


I am writing today in my usual funk. I am tired of being scared and mad. I am tired of worrying. We can't make any big decisions because the future is so uncertain. I so wish we could go back to 10 years ago when we were much more innocent.
Grandpa had another spell last week and now he is much more tired. Grandma is getting nuttier and nuttier too. A bit of a problem since she wants to direct his life. I burn out on this stuff sometimes. I'll be pretty busy with the horses the next couple of days so that will help.
The chicks are all doing very well. I threw 5 more out of the nursery pen today since they no longer need the protection. 2 hens are roosting very well in the nursery pen and 2 more have made good personal nests in spots in the coop. 1 more in the wings waiting to go into the nursery pen. I'll move her tonight.
I have hired Jeni's Kyle to be my handyman/Mr. Fix it for the summer. He needs the job, Matt has too much other work to do making the house grandparent friendly and me and the girls just can't get to everything since we have the grandparents to care for. So this is a good thing for us.
Things appear to be status quo for the moment in Africa.

No comments: