Monday, October 1, 2018

Rainy Day Chores

 
 I usually do not get involved with arguing with Mother Nature about the weather because I enjoy being outside and Michigan really does have pretty nice weather, BUT trying to deal with chores in this stuff gets pretty rough.  This year is especially bad because there are no square bails to be found.  That means I have to run the tractor every day and I have to wrangle the big round bails to get the hay off to control the feeding.  I look pretty much like a muddy drowned rat after each feeding.  The horses hate being cooped up for more than a day but if it isn't sunny by tomorrow, things will be so slippery they will slide all over the place if I do put them out.  So....what's a farm girl to do?  Pray for sun!  Otherwise our hopes for a nice fall will be quickly ruined by MUD season.
 

No comments: