Monday, July 18, 2011

Finally Up for Air!

Well, the air has reached disgustingly uncomfortable. Something like the deep south. We are to be in the 90's all week and of course it is muggy too. We got a lot of drama and theatrics this afternoon , but just a few dribbles of rain....so it was pretty much a non event. Hopefully it watered the trees enough so that I don't have to water until at least tomorrow.
I am slowly but surely settling into my summer groove and I really like it a lot. I have 3 tutored kids and 9 horse camp kids. It is keeping me busy but I really love what I do. The horses LOVE it. They aren't getting their weekly trail rides right now because Jeni has been so busy, but the are getting handled by the kids every day. It is working out great!
All is well in the chicken coop. The lazy silkies finally began laying.
After a lot of budgeting, it was decided that it was much more economical to get busy on the barn than it was to add on to the current studio again so.....we are deep into construction on the barn.
While my mom is home for the summer we are working on scanning and cataloging family photos. It is a project I have been working on for many years, but now with my new hard drive it is making it a joy.
Everything is fine with all the daughters. Lots of nice memories and opportunities. My tutored kids are enjoying Mrs. Cyndy's home-school of hard knocks and I love seeing their academic challenges melt away. Mrs. Cyndy's driving school has gotten 2 students street legal this summer. 1-2 more to go and then I may be retiring for a bit. Things in Africa are going well. A little more illness than normal, but I think everybody is on the road to recovery. Thankfully Rakieta is as healthy as a horse.
Yes, all in life is good at the Kalinowski Ranch!
Now, about the multitudes of cats produced by one "Mama" alias "Fertile Myrtle".............
(By the way, she is now fixed.)

No comments: