Monday, April 2, 2007

The importance of sponsorships

Our family has been on quite a journey since we became involved with our “sponsored” kids. Our lives have taken many turns. While our family picture is not like we first envisioned things to be, we are all very satisfied with how things have turned out.
For anyone reading this who is reeling from an adoption that looks as though it may not materialize, I really encourage you to continue to sponsor if you can. The children do need you terribly and with today’s ease of communication across the world, close bonds can be formed.
We hear from all our kids and their families at least every 10 days or so. Most of the time contact is much more frequent. Barely a day goes by when I am not somehow connected to at least one of our crew. Some days the internet has several messages and we are on the phone a lot. Feels like they all live here.
Our sponsorships have made life altering differences for each and every one of these kids and I don't know how our family could be complete without each and every one of our girls and the extended families that come with them.

1 comment:

Swerl said...

I like your blog and added you to my blogroll on my site about African adoption:

http://swerl.blogspot.com

My wife and I are waiting on our referral for a baby girl.